Saturday, April 10, 2010

Simple Gloves

These started out as idea for fingerless gloves for a friend that she could just toss in the washing machine. I had oodles of sock yarn stashed away and started on in on these. Learning from my problems with other wristwarmers and fingerless gloves, this time I got a tracing of her hand so I could make sure it fit. Somehow they morphed into full gloves.

They start out with a simple k2, p2 rib, then add a basic gusset for the thumb and plain fingers. I wound off bits of yarn so the fingers would match.

I had never made gloves with full fingers before, and I can tell you, it would be easier to weave in the ends at the base of the fingers before you finish the fingers and close off the tube. It’d probably be easier to sew up the gaps between the fingers then too. Oh well.

It took a bit of knitting, matching them up against the tracing, knitting, matching them up against the tracing, and so on, but all in all, it was relatively straightforward. And best of all, they fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment