
Now I know why I kept putting this project off. While the pattern is beautiful, and easy to follow, it also requires a lot of concentration for me. Every row is a pattern row, and half the stitches are twisted.
Looking away from the knitting is a bad idea. Trying to watch the Olympics while I knit is even worse. I can listen, but have to be sure to set the knitting down and hope for a replay if anything catches my attention.
I like the twisted ribbing, and it's much easier than I thought it would be. The yarn (Plymouth Rockin' Sox) is soft and warm and has nice stitch definition. Unfortunately, it doesn't stick to my metal needles at all, and I've gotten a lot of practice picking up a needle's worth of stitches and remounting them.
Next up, reversing the pattern and hoping I don't have to reverse the stitch mounts to make it look good.

No comments:
Post a Comment